Tuesday 30 August 2011

Wake Up and Smell the Cola

Pepsi Max has come out with an updated bottle and a new slogan. The slogan in particular strikes a chord with me "Wake up and smell the cola" I have to admit since the tender age of 16/17 I've started most days with a cola. I've never been one for coffee or tea and so my caffeine kick has always been cold and bubbly, this is often met with cries of disgust from people, I know I know geniuses are never really appreciated in their own times right?

Here's an article which suggests Coke tried the same thing in Canada a few years ago. http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth/story.html?id=34ad64f0-e074-4a1b-ad9a-2a656687c343 Now I know a lot of people will still have problems with this. I can get that but isn't it a bit hypocritical considering the sugar and fat content in a lot of Starbucks menu? I mean jesus I used to quite enjoy a frappacino until I found out what exactly was in it. If it's ok for people to start the day with that and a bun what's wrong with a bottle of pepsi max?

Anyway the real story is probably the new bottle. I like the actual bottle shape but I think the label is overkill. The best bit about new bottle shapes always seems to be the fact we get 50% extra free bottles in the lead up.



What does everyone else think of the new bottle and new ad campaign? Any other early cola-rollers?

No comments:

Post a Comment