Wednesday 17 August 2011

Cherry Vimto


I'm a big fan of Cherry flavoured drinks and I get a little buzz when I see a new one, or at least one that's new to me. I spotted Cherry Vimto this week and decided to give it a go. I'm not overly familar with the flavour of normal vimto, I've had it a few times but nothing about it has ever really stuck with me. Infact as odd as it may sound I think I'm a much bigger fan of the sweets than the soft drinks. Anyone else feel the same or prefer the cordial to the fizzy drinks?



You crack it open and there isn't a strong smell of cherry but that's ok I decided to take a swig and get to the heart of the matter. I was a little dissapointed, it's not massively dissimilar to the Cherry 7-UP we reviewed recently and that cherry taste overpowers most of the other flavours. You can taste blackcurrant on the back end of it and a hint of raspberry but the grape seems completely removed.

I think this might be another example of the extra flavour not fully merging with the others and just overpowering. Wasn't massively impressed and it might be because of it's beginnings as a cordial but it felt like someone had put a summer fruits cordial through a soda stream.

Dissapointed. I hear there is a stawberry flavour out though so I will give that a go

Rating :- 4/10 Dissapointing

No comments:

Post a Comment