Thursday 8 December 2011

Frugo Green



So after the success of my initial Frugo tasting and the sheer revulsion following my second tasting I decided I owed it to myself to try out a few of the other flavours.

First up is the STRONG GREEN. Which is a blend of kiwi, passion fruit, apple and Lulo. Yeah Lulo, no it's ok I didn't know what it was either but check this out it's like something out of a sci-fi film

SPORES!

So this is Frugos thing they like to take odd or tropical fruit and blend them with more familiar flavours to give us something unique. Great idea, especially as most of us will have no idea what a Lulo tastes like....


So first things first it smells nice, kind of like Tropical 5-A-Live which I guess is kind of a direct competitor for this sort of drink as again it's non-carbonated and fruit based.

The taste is nice you can get Passion Fruit and a bit of Kiwi coming through and it's nice. Very tropical and again it's sort of snapple-esque in terms of the flavour and the way it's blended.

Here's the thing. I like the taste of this, I like the price of this (still 33p until Christmas) but it's hard to give it the seal of approval as I can't tell if they have nailed the Lulo taste. I have a funny feeling the passionfruit and kiwi blend is probably something akin to what the lulo tastes like and it's there to give you that feeling or taste.

It's good. At this price you should try it but it's not quite good enough to get the golden seal of approval.

7/10

Available at Tescos http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271636138

No comments:

Post a Comment